Church of England: St. James in Spilsby

 

The Parish Church stands on the corner of Church Street and Boston Road. It was built around the beginning of the 14th. Century in the traditional Spilsby sandstone of the area. However, it has been altered many times. Apart from the tower, it was covered with Ancaster stone in 1879.

The church contains memorials of the Willoughby de Eresby family, of Sir John Franklin and his two brothers, Major James Franklin and Sir Willingham Franklin. The six bells date from 1744. More details can be found by visiting the Churchmouse

http://lincoln.ourchurchweb.org.uk/spilsby/

Click here for Church of England Website

In what way do you feel St James Parish Church could better meet the needs of Spilsby and district? What are the needs of our community? Fr Peter Coates peter.coates@onetel.net (Spilsby Vicarage)

Sunday Services

1st. Sunday in the month
08.00am. Holy Eucharist
10.00am. Family Service

2nd. Sunday in the month
9.30am. Holy Eucharist

3rd. Sunday in the month
9.30am. Holy Eucharist

4th. Sunday in the month
9.30am. Holy Eucharist

5th. Sunday in the month
10.00am. Group Service
- see notice board

Priest in Charge & Rural Dean:

Canon Peter Coates
The Vicarage
Church Street
Spilsby
Lincolnshire
PE23 5DU


Tel: 01 790 752 526
email: peter.coates@onetel.net

Church Wardens:

Sue West
David James
& Dept. Trevor Howsam

St. James at Spilsby

St. James Church

www.Spilsby.info - Spilsby Town Website designed, hosted and maintained by Bowhunter Websites incorporating Community Lincs (Websites) ---- Webmaster